Rason Tour: 2 nights / 3 days in the DPRK Itinerary
Rason Tour - this sample 2 nights / 3 days itinerary in the Free
Special Economic Zone will allow you see all the highlights of Rason in
3 nights only. Ideal for a quick trip to North Korea or an extension of
a trip to the "DPRK mainland!"
Arrive in Yanji, China. Our team has extensive
China as well as in the DPRK and knows this fascinating "little" city
- We can help you book your flight or train ticket to Yanji and
arrange your accommodation in a DPRK Hotel in Yanji if you wish
- Ryugyong Restaurant - DPRK restaurant in Yanji. All staff members
are from North Korea. The food is truly delicious here, this comes from
our customers and team members! There is a performance put on by the
extremely talented North Korean waitresses.
Overnight: Ryugyong Hotel, Yanji
- Breakfast: Ryugyong Hotel, Yanji
- Early bus departure to Quanhe (泉河), border with the DPRK where
will go through customs. Cross the border and enter DPRK. Your luggage
will be thoroughly checked. We will fully brief you on the things that
can and cannot be taken into the country before your departure to China
and when we meet before the start of our Rason Tour.
- Arrive in Wonjong and meet the local guides who will greet us
- Transfer to the city of Rajin
- drive on the Korean-Chinese Friendship road through the beautiful
natural landscape. You will drive by farms, villages and a factory on
the was to Rajin
- Lunch: Local restaurant, Rajin
- Stroll around the city centre. We will
see the Monument of the Sun. The Eternal President and founder of DPRK,
President Kim Il Sung, is referred to as the Sun of the DPRK.
- Golden Triangle Bank - unique
opportunity to see a DPRK bank and locals there. There are several banks in Rajin, this is one is the biggest and very modern.
- Rajin Port - chance to wander around the port. One of the unique
aspects of Rason is that Chinese plated vehicles can be seen here.
- The port holds the Mangyongdae Ship which was that used in the 1960s and 1970s to repatriate many Koreans from Japan via Wonsan.
- Children’s Palace or Local Kindergaten - we will see an art performance set up by the
local North Korean children of Rajin in a kindergarten.
- Stamp Shop - opportunity to purchase a wide variety of DPRK
stamps and books. These are available in foreign languages too
- Rason Tour Welcome Dinner: Local restaurant
Overnight: Rajin Hotel, Rajin
- Walk around Sahyangsan - picturesque mountainous area
- Art Gallery - a variety of artwork, including propaganda poster sytled pictures, can be found here
- Kimilsungia and Kimjonglia Flower Exhibition - these flowers were
named after the Leaders Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il. They actually sell seeds of these flowers here. Pictures of these
flowers, together with the Magnolia (the national flower) can be seen
all over the country in posters, pictures, carvings, etc.
- Taehung Fish Shop - if you decide to buy fresh seafood here it can be cooked for you for dinner. Taking a look around here is also interesting.
- Visit to a joint Venture - here we will be able to see the Rajin
Shoes Factory and the Rason Textile Factory
- Foreign Language School - great chance to meet the school staff
and children and to give the students a rare opportunity to practice
their English with a foreigner.
- Walk by Rajin Beach Park - casual walk that will allow us see locals
spend a leisurely evening.
- Rason Tour Dinner: Local Restaurant
Overnight: Rajin Hotel, Rajin
- Today we depart to the Pipha area
- Pipha Isle - connected to the mainland by a sliver of land we will be able to swim in the sea here or take a boat ride
- We will see the famous Emperor Hotel on our way to Pipha Isle
- Sightseeing on a boat
(optional, 100 RMB) - the boat ride is around 1 hour long and we will
see sealions. The water here is surprisingly crystaline. Those who
decide to stay on the island can relax by the seafront where
- Rason Taehung Seafood Processing Factory - you can see how seafood is kept here before being sold. You can of course try some if you wish!
- Sonbong Revolutionary Site - point of entry where the Leader Kim
Il Sung re-entered Korea after Liberation from Japan. His journey then
proceeded to Wonsan and from there eventually back to Pyongyang.
- Sungjondae - historical site dedicated to the heroic Korean
Admiral Ri Sun Shin
- Leave Rajin and head back to the Chinese border
End of the 3 day Rason Tour