Wonsan Extension Tour Itinerary
Please see a sample Wonsan Extension Itinerary below. The itinerary can be modified based on your requests, so long as these are feasible, as this is a private extension.
- Drive to the coastal city of Wonsan (east coast) - cross the DPRK from all the way to the east coast, a very rare occasion to see towns and life in these isolated areas of the country
- Stop at Sinpyong Guest House - relaxing views. Time for a refreshment before carrying on our journey to the other side of the DPRK.
- Picnic Lunch: Ullim Waterfalls - These beautiful falls were discovered by soldiers in 2001. Ullim means echo in Korean
- Continue to Wonsan
- Songdowon Beach - join in the swimming with locals
Children having fun at the beach in Wonsan. You can see the Wonsan-Kalma project in the background
- Songdowon Summer Camp - see where some Korean kids spend their summer holidays
- Hotel Check-in: Dongmyong Hotel, Wonsan
- Dinner: Local restaurant, Wonsan
Overnight: Dongmyong Hotel, Wonsan
- Breakfast: Dongmyong Hotel
- Chonsam Cooperative Farm - farmers live in cooperative farms with their families. Learn about their farming system. If you have visited a cooperative farm as part of your group tour, we can arrange a visit somewhere else in Wonsan
- Wonsan Agricultural University - several famous Korean scientists and national heroes graduated from this university. When riding here you will pass by several fields
- Drive back to Wonsan city centre
- Walk to Jangdok Islet - locals tend to fish and have seafood BBQ here.
- Walk around Wonsan City - Central Square and the pier - we can see locals getting along with their daily lives.
- Lunch: Wonsan
- Drive back to Pyongyang
- Arrival in Pyongyang
- Evening walk by Scientists' Street
- Farewell Dinner: local restaurant, Pyongyang
- Breakfast: Hotel, Pyongyang
- 10.25 am train to China - if interested in flying back please do let us know
- Stopover at Sinuiju train station bordering China
Arrive in Beijing at 08:40 am
End of your DPRK Tour
Study in Pyongyang this summer with KTG! Learn Korean in North Korea. We will offer comprehensive Korean language courses for all levels this summer. The 3 week course will be combined with a variety of cultural activities in the DPRK such as farming, cooking and sports events!
North Korea May Week XXXL | KTG | 9 nights / 10 days in DPRK, east coaster tour. Cross North Korea from one side to the other, visit the second largest city in DPRK, the industrial city of Hamhung, the coastal city of Wonsan, head south to Kaesong and Sariwon cities, celebrate May Day in Pyongyang with locals and then head to the northern interior of the country!
Wonsan North Korea | KTG® Tours | this is a main port city on the east coast of the DPRK that served as a main point of contact with Japan and is opened to promote North Korea tourism. Travel Wonsan North Korea with KTG
Tourism in North Korea with KTG KTG®. Travel to North Korea to celebrate the Liberation Day Anniversary. Dance with Pyongyites in Kim Il Sung Square to mark the anniversary of the end of Japanese colonial rule on the korean peninsula. Travel to the city of Wonsan on the east coast and see life in North Korea
DPRK tours | KTG® | celebrate V-Day in North Korea, victory day in north korea conmemorate the anniversary of the signing of the korean war armistice. See mass dances with thousands of North Koreans in Kim Il Sung Square, Pyongyang.
North Korea Victory Day Tour III | KTG® Tours | one of our most comprehensive tours of the year. We explore the mysterious east coast and visit the second largest city in the DPRK; the industrial city of Hamhung as well as the port city of Wonsan.