Wonsan Extension Tour Itinerary
Please see a sample Wonsan Extension Itinerary below. The itinerary can be modified based on your requests, so long as these are feasible, as this is a private extension.
- Drive to the coastal city of Wonsan (east coast) - cross the DPRK from all the way to the east coast, a very rare occasion to see towns and life in these isolated areas of the country
- Stop at Sinpyong Guest House - relaxing views. Time for a refreshment before carrying on our journey to the other side of the DPRK.
- Picnic Lunch: Ullim Waterfalls - These beautiful falls were discovered by soldiers in 2001. Ullim means echo in Korean
- Continue to Wonsan
- Songdowon Beach - join in the swimming with locals
Children having fun at the beach in Wonsan. You can see the Wonsan-Kalma project in the background
- Songdowon Summer Camp - see where some Korean kids spend their summer holidays
- Hotel Check-in: Dongmyong Hotel, Wonsan
- Dinner: Local restaurant, Wonsan
Overnight: Dongmyong Hotel, Wonsan
- Breakfast: Dongmyong Hotel
- Chonsam Cooperative Farm - farmers live in cooperative farms with their families. Learn about their farming system. If you have visited a cooperative farm as part of your group tour, we can arrange a visit somewhere else in Wonsan
- Wonsan Agricultural University - several famous Korean scientists and national heroes graduated from this university. When riding here you will pass by several fields
- Drive back to Wonsan city centre
- Walk to Jangdok Islet - locals tend to fish and have seafood BBQ here.
- Walk around Wonsan City - Central Square and the pier - we can see locals getting along with their daily lives.
- Lunch: Wonsan
- Drive back to Pyongyang
- Arrival in Pyongyang
- Evening walk by Scientists' Street
- Farewell Dinner: local restaurant, Pyongyang
- Breakfast: Hotel, Pyongyang
- 10.25 am train to China - if interested in flying back please do let us know
- Stopover at Sinuiju train station bordering China
Arrive in Beijing at 08:40 am
End of your DPRK Tour